Hosted by ComplyRight:
Many employers are allowing employees to work remotely during the COVID-19 crisis. While this approach makes sense for many businesses, it can open the door to increased legal risk. Business owners and managers must oversee the remote worker arrangement carefully to avoid complications, both practically and legally.
This free webinar will delve into the five biggest areas of legal concern, as well as the proper actions to take to protect your business. Learn:
- Why your workplace policies probably need to be updated – and exactly what you should add
- Best practices for managing nonexempt (hourly) remote workers to avoid violating time and pay laws
- What you can do – and more importantly, what you can’t do – when managing remote employees who are exempt from overtime rules
- How to handle paid sick leave requests under the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and new state/local leave laws
- Why posting compliance still matters when employees work remotely (and what the DOL has to say about it)