700 Locust St.
Suite 100, Des Moines
The purpose of the Capital for Your Small Business Seminar is to inform and educate both potential and current business owners on capital options for their businesses. This event will walk owners through the spectrum of capital options, bank financing types and expectations, alternate loans and grants and buying on contract. The seminar will also host several speakers and the lessons they learned from personal experience.
- Cost to attend is $25 Members, $35 non-Members, and includes lunch. Limit of 20 attendees. Sign up today!
- 8 a.m. | Networking – Coffee
- 8:30 a.m. | Introduction and overview
- 8:45 a.m. | Spectrum of capital options for business
- Equity capital
- Bank financing
- Seller financing
- Decision — selecting types of capital
- 9:45 a.m. | Break
- 10 a.m. | Bank financing
- Before you go
- Obtaining the loan
- After the loan – relationship management
- 10:45 a.m. | Alternate loans and grants
- Micro loans (Iowa Center for Economic Success)
- SBIR / STTR grants
- State of Iowa programs
- 11:30 a.m. | Break (lunch)
- 11:45 a.m. | Business purchase
- Buying on contract
- Noon | Lessons Learned