Disasters. We all hope to avoid them, but they are bound to happen when least expected. Many businesses are not prepared, nor do they know where to turn for help when the worst strikes, and most chambers/EDOs don’t have a plan of their own nor do they know how to assist their members after disaster hits.
The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Iowa District Office, along with the SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance, is offering a FREE webinar on Thursday, March 12, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. The webinar is for small business owners, chambers of commerce, economic developers and others who work in or with small businesses. This webinar will equip you with the tools small businesses need to recover from a disaster.
Included in the discussion:
- Preparedness Tips for Businesses – What should be included in your disaster plan?
- SBA’s Disaster Loan Program for Businesses & Private Nonprofits
- SBA’s Disaster Loan Program for Homeowners & Renters
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Other federal resources for help following a disaster
The Webinar will be presented over Skype and will include a PowerPoint presentation. You can join audio through your phone by dialing (202) 765-1264 and using Conference ID 210108206.