Hosted by ComplyRight:
Many new laws are being passed on the federal, state and local level during the COVID-19 pandemic and must be communicated to employees. Often, they are in the form of notices that must be personally distributed to employees covering specific topics, from discrimination to leaves of absence to the pandemic at hand.
Just like labor law posters, the required employee notices vary from state to state — and have been changing rapidly. For instance, in a single state up to 32 employee notifications could be required by as many as five different regulatory agencies. And, these notices are required in addition to mandatory labor law posters.
Join us for this informative webinar where we will discuss:
- The difference between posting requirements and mandatory handouts/notifications
- Notices you must distribute to all employees about new laws concerning emergency leave, paid time off, earned sick leave, etc.
- What you must communicate to employees being furloughed/laid off regarding unemployment insurance, separation, benefits, mass layoffs and more
- Recent and pending mandatory changes
- The risks of non-compliance
- Tips for managing this aspect of compliance for on-site and remote workers