Hosted by ISU CIRAS:
The program will provide attendees with a working understanding of the rights and obligations related to subcontract performance flowing down from a Federal Government prime contract. These subcontracts involve a combination of commercial contract law, Federal Government contract terms and conditions and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). Attendees will develop the skills necessary to understand these rights and obligations during subcontract performance, beginning with the development of a clear and mutually agreeable subcontract.
Awarding, accepting, managing and performing subcontracts arising under a U.S. Government prime contract requires the prime contractor and higher level subcontractors to accept and flow down to their subcontractors and suppliers a unique set of contractual and regulatory obligations and requirements. This program will help you identify differences between commercial and Federal Government subcontracting from a legal, contracting, and performance perspective.
Attendees will understand the rights and obligations relating to subcontract performance that result from Federal Government contract terms and conditions and the FAR, and will develop the skills necessary to use and maintain these rights and obligations during subcontract performance beginning with the development of a clear and mutually agreeable subcontract.
- After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize similarities, differences and relationships between a government contract and a commercial contract
- Determine flowdown clauses
- Develop subcontract terms and conditions
- Develop an understanding of the solicitation process
- Broker disputes
- Introduction to Federal Government Contracting and Subcontracting
- Similarities, Differences, and Relationships between Government Contracts and Commercial Subcontracts
- Laws, Rules, and Regulations Governing Government Contracts and Subcontracts
- Flowdown Requirements, Solicitation Provisions, and Contract Clauses
- Federal Acquisition Regulation vs. the Uniform Commercial Code
- Subcontract Terms and Conditions
- Contract Interpretation
Questions? Please contact, Samantha Ferm at firstname.lastname@example.org.