The SBIR Road Tour is stopping in Des Moines on Wednesday May 22, 2019.
The SBIR Road Tour is a national outreach effort, in partnership with the Iowa Innovation Corporation’s SBIR/STTR Outreach Programs, to connect small, Iowa technology-based businesses with representatives from:
- U.S. Air Force (USAF)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Agriculture – Agricultural Research Service (USDA – ARS)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Defense – Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Department of Defense – Navy (DON)
- Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Cancer Institute
- National Institute on Aging
- National Heart, Lunch and Blood Institute
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
The SBIR and STTR programs provide non-dilutive funding to support research, product development, and commercialization of new technologies. SBIR and STTR funding is not a loan and never needs to be repaid.
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet directly with Federal Program Managers who fund a wide spectrum of innovative ideas while learning about Iowa’s local innovation support infrastructure.
Agency representatives will be available to meet one-on-one about your company or technology research. Our partners at Small Business Administration (SBA) will contact you after you have completed registration with the opportunity to sign up for meetings.
Representatives from the CIRAS Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) will be in attendance to meet with participants. PTAC helps Iowa businesses identify, compete for, and win government contracts.
This event is FREE, however online registration is required.