Hosted by ISU CIRAS:
Using the proven Shipley process for developing winning proposals, you will plan, write, and revise a proposal section based on a sample Request for Proposal (RFP). Taught from the perspective of a proposal contributor, from receipt of customer requirements to incorporating feedback from reviewers, you will gain insights into techniques, tools, and resources necessary to win. You will learn to:
- Recognize and apply the seven key characteristics of effective proposals
- Leverage the sales or capture team strategies to effectively plan a proposal or section
- Organize the textual and visual content of a proposal or section around a customer’s hot buttons and issues
- Write persuasive, succinct, well-organized proposal content and themes
- Use effective examining and revision processes to improve customer focus for higher evaluation scores
You will learn the principles and best practices for proposal writing and practice these skills using proven and flexible Shipley tools and templates. You learn through a series of three live, 1 1/2 hour virtual sessions with an instructor. Use a case study to complete assignments, readings, and a final exam and exercise. You will also receive valuable instructor feedback on your final proposal section submission.
Course Structure and Schedule
You will work on case study assignments throughout the one-day course. Understanding of key learning objectives will be evaluated based on an end-of-course exam and final proposal section submission.
Section 1: Characteristics of Effective Proposals, Proposal Planning and Proposal Organization
Section 2: Writing Compelling and Customer-Focused Content
Section 3: Examining and Reviewing Content to Improve Readability and Evaluation Scores.
The end-of-course exercise will be a draft proposal section submitted for instructor review.
- All course materials will be accessible through ShipleyOnline™
- Each section is based on best practices and topics in the Shipley Proposal Guide, v4.1; an electronic copy of this guide will be provided with the course materials
- The sections slides will be downloadable for your use
- Shipley forms and tools will be downloadable for use on exercises and after the training
- Shipley Proposal Guide (hardcopy) provided to each student
Please contact Jodi Essex at firstname.lastname@example.org.