Bring your idea to life with The University of Iowa’s Venture School. The NIACC Pappajohn Small Business Development Center is partnering with the University of Iowa again to bring Venture School to Mason City. The eight-week program is built from a streamlined curriculum developed by the National Science Foundation I-Corps at Stanford University and the University of California, Berkeley.
- Your team must be ready to work hard! Venture School mimics the pace of a real startup
- Teams must be fully committed to being open-minded and following the Venture School process
- All members of the team should be willing to work together and to contact 100 potential customers during the customer discovery portion of the course
- Must be an active participant in all Venture School classes and presentations
- NO TEAM? No problem. A team is not required to complete this program if you are working on your business independently.
- Bring focus and agility to your business idea.
- Test and prove your business hypothesis through guided customer discovery for product-market fit.
- Learn from top entrepreneurs, mentors, investors, and instructors.
- Gain valuable connections with local communities and external groups that will help you get the resources you need to grow.
- Create a business model that is both strategic and tactical through an evidence-based approach, whether you are a profit or non-profit entity.
- All teachings are applicable to virtually all industries and company levels, whether you are a true startup or an early stage existing business.