Rural Business Innovators
Rural Business Innovators is a customized start-up program that helps rural tech and innovation entrepreneurs develop their business ideas, while connecting them to resources, partners and mentors in the state-wide entrepreneurial ecosystem. The program offers online group training, one-on-one counseling (online or in-person), next-step guidance, and exposure to a network of mentors, state resources, & entrepreneurial peers.
- Approximately 9-Weeks, Customized to Your Schedule: 3 Peer-Group Trainings, At Least 6 One-on-One Counseling Sessions, 18 to 20-Hour Time Commitment, Specifically for Rural* Tech/Innovation Entrepreneurs
- 4 Available Tracks: Value Proposition Track, Customer Discovery and Marketing Track, Prototype/Product Development Track, Financial and Pitch Preparation Track
- Deliverables: Completed Digital Innovator Profile, Business Model Canvas and Pitch Deck, Next-Step Guidance and Support for Business Development Purposes • Exposure to a Network of Mentors, Potential Partners, State Resources, & Entrepreneurial Peers
- Exposure to a Network of Mentors, Potential Investors, State Resources, & Entrepreneurial Peers
*The U.S. Census Bureau defines "rural" as any population, housing, or territory that exists outside of an urban area
**Customer Discovery is the process of getting to know potential customers, their pain points, and how a proposed solution can help solve these problems
Your Online Profile
Participants receive their own individualized online profile that guides them through the program and serves as a place to display their content.
What's on Your Profile?
- Your Company Dashboard and Program Modules
- Online Pitch Deck, Value Proposition Deck, and Business Model Canvas
- Innovator Peer Group Resources
Your Innovator Network
Connecting individuals to resources in the much larger, Iowa entrepreneurial ecosystem is important. Rural Business Innovators makes this a priority.
- Interact with Other Peers participating in Rural Business Innovators
- Present Your Innovation and Receive valuable Feedback
- Connect with Mentors, Potential Partners, State Resources, & Other Entrepreneurial Programs
Innovators who complete the program are given additional support to help execute next steps in their start-up process.
Examples of Next-Step Support
- Assistance with Prototype or Software Development
- Start-up Planning or Feasibility Analysis
- Help with Marketing Material or Pitch Development